Everything You Always Wanted to Know About God: But Were Afraid to Ask by Eric Metaxas (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all have questions about God. But very few of us get the answers we're looking for - if those answers even exist! Do they? Where (in heaven's name) do you go to find out? Eric Metaxas understands. That's why he's written this refreshingly down-to-earth take on the big questions everyone asks (but t always out loud). Finally a book that takes questions about God seriously eugh to get silly (where appropriate). Wonderfully conversational and often very funny, this book joins you in wondering: - How can a good God create a world that has evil and suffering? - Is God anti-sex? - Doesn't science make God obsolete? - What's the real story on miracles? - If God is everywhere, why go to church? - Don't we already have God within us? - What does the Bible say about things like UFOs, ESP, and the afterlife - and what about Bigfoot? These questions (and many more like them) get straight answers that don't hide behind dull and confusing theological language. So get the lowdown on the big questions everyone asks but please try t to laugh (because it's a very serious topic).
- Author BiographyEric Metaxas is the New York Times bestselling author of Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy, and Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery. His writing was first published in Atlantic Monthly, and has appeared in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Regeneration Quarterly, Christianity Today, National Review Online, Beliefnet and First Things. The American Booksellers Association chose Metaxas's The Birthday ABC as a 1995 Pick of the List and Amazon.com honored his Squanto and the Miracle of Thanksgiving with their Number One Bestseller Award for Thanksgiving 1999. He has been featured numerous times on CNN, The Fox News Channel and other television networks, and has been a guest on NPR. He is the founder and host of Socrates in the City: Conversations on the Examined Life, a monthly event of entertaining and thought provoking discussions that feature such speakers as Sir John Polkinghorne, Dr. Armand Nicholi, Os Guinness, Lauren F. Winner and Peter Kreeft. Metaxas serves on the vestry of Calvary/St. George's Episcopal Church, and lives in Manhattan, New York, with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Eric Metaxas
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight283 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.