Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $48.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $28.57
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the Fifties and Sixties in the Midwest, Kyle, 15, falls in love with Anna and begins a strenuous quest to win her heart. Hardships begin when the two attend different colleges. Anna struggles with growing up and begins a relationship with a graduate student several years her senior, keeping both of her primary suitors until she can make a decision. She spends the summer after her junior year traveling in Europe with her younger sister, where she is pursued by her older lover. Kyle is shattered to learn that he has more than a rival, and, with his world upside down searches for answers to life without Anna. He decides to remain faithful to promises made to Anna by converting to Judaism and giving up a promising baseball career to attend law school. The summer before beginning law school Kyle is in a near fatal accident while working as a lumberjack in Oregon. The lives of Kyle and Anna intersect unexpectedly as Kyle begins law school. Anna is particularly shocked to see Kyle's phisical condition. Their close proximity leads to the slow rekindling of long-forgotten memories. They are left to decide whether a final shot at true love is worth the risk of damaging existing relationships and their fragile friendship.
- Author BiographyThe author lives with his cat, Belle, near his 3 children and 5 grandchildren in Rockville, Maryland. He grew up in Northwest Indiana and attended public schools. He began his career as an attorney with the Federal Aviation Administration and also served as Aviation Counsel to the Public Works Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives. Following his career in government, the author practiced international business law, representing numerous foreign clients in aerospace, defense, communications and pharmaceuticals. Writing fiction is nothing new; he has written many legal briefs, speeches and position papers throughout his career.
- Author(s)David L Mahan,MR David L Mahan
- Date of Publication23/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.