All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does time pass and space does t? Are there just three dimensions? What is a quantum particle? Nick Huggett shows that philosophy - armed with a power to analyze fundamental concepts and their relationship to the human experience - has much to say about these profound questions about the universe. In Everywhere and Everywhen, Huggett charts a journey that peers into some of the oldest questions about the world, through some of the newest, such as: What shape is space? Does it have an edge? What is the difference between past and future? What is time in relativity? Is time travel possible? Are there other universes? Huggett shows that answers to these profound questions are t just reserved for physics, and that philosophy can t only address but help advance our view of our deepest questions about the universe, space, and time, and their implications for humanity. His lively, accessible introduction to these topics is suitable for a general reader with previous exposure to these profound and exciting questions.
- Author BiographyNick Huggett is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Illinois Chicago.
- Author(s)Nick Huggett
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note49 line illustrations
- Weight341 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.