All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn this original book, the author journies through Rome, following biblical events and themes in works of art: from Genesis in the Sistine Chapel, through Incarnation in the Pantheon and Resurrection in Michaelangelo's Last Judgement.She touches on many themes in her journey, including violence and power (at the Colloseum), social injustice (at St. Mary Major) and motherhood (at the icon of Our Lady in Perpetual Succour).Writing as an intelligent Christian feminist, Beattie doesn't resort to clichTs, and has a clear, elegant style which makes this a very readable book.
- Author BiographyTina Beattie is married with four children. After taking a degree in Theology and Bristol University, she moved on to study for a PhD on 'Images of Mary.' She is Lecturer in Christian Studies at the University of Surrey, Roehampton.
- Author(s)Tina Beattie
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBurns & Oates Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight343 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.