All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to Evidence-Based Dentistry provides a much-needed orientation in the subject for students and professionals alike. It is a ground-level book for those seeking to understand evidence-based dentistry and its significance for clinical practice. The book is anchored in the dental literature: the majority of the chapters offer guidance on interpreting a full published paper; where both the subject of the paper and the study design is of relevance to the field of dentistry. Each chapter is organised in a similar way, providing a structured approach to reading and understanding research articles or commercial product information. In this respect, Evidence-Based Dentistry is designed as an introduction to understanding published research and its implications for the dental surgery; rather than as a guide on undertaking research. Incorporates topical published papers in order to rpovide worked examples Explains the most6 common forms of research used in dentistry Unlocks basic statistical and epidemiological concepts, along with key terms Enables the reader to identify the research question, assess aspects of study design, evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of papers and understand their clinical relevance Tables, boxes and figures are used extensively to present core information. Useful templates are also provided, which readers may use/adapt for analysis, including study clubs.
- Author BiographyAllan Hackshaw established and led the course on evidence-based dentistry at Barts & the London School of Dentistry and is now deputy-director of the cancer trials centre at University College London. Elizabeth Paul is a Lecturer at the UCL cancer trials centre. Elizabeth Davenport is Professor of Dental Education, Barts & the London School of Dentistry.
- Author(s)Allan Hackshaw,Elizabeth Davenport,Elizabeth Paul
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2006
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note28
- Weight580 g
- Width187 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $44.85Trending at AU $48.47
- AU $17.94Trending at AU $27.22
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $20.99
- AU $14.22Trending at AU $25.86
- AU $23.05Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.