Evidence-Based Gastroenterology and Hepatology by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $422.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $220.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only evidence-based resource combining gastroenterology and hepatology, this major textbook critically appraises the evidence for diagsis, screening, and treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases, and provides clear recommendations for management. A unique feature is the grading of both the evidence (randomized controlled trials, systematic reviews, or lower quality trials) and the treatment recommendations. This structure provides the reader with valuable guidance on implementation. The third edition has been fully revised, providing the latest reviews of the evidence. It is also enhanced with new topics that have significant evidence for treatment, including;* Esiphilic esophagitis* Acute dysenteries* Prevention and treatment of travellers' diarrhoea* Frequency of adverse drug effects on bowel function* Management of hepatitis B * Management of Hepatitis C* Vascular disorder of the liver * Non invasive diagsis of liver fibrosis* Drug induced liver disease
- Author BiographyJohn McDonald, Professor of Gastroenterology at the University of Ontario, London Ontario, Coordinating Editor in the Cochrane Collaboration Steering Committee on methodology, and Past President of the Canadian College of Gastroenterology Professor Andrew Burroughs MBChB Hons FRCP Consultant Physician and Hepatologist, Royal Free Hospital, London, has an international reputation as a clinical and academic Hepatologist and has published widely in all areas of liver disease. He is a full time clinician and has been awarded a personal chair, as Professor of Hepatology in the University of London. Brian Feagan is Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of Western Ontario. He holds cross-appointments in the Divisions of Internal Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology and Gastroenterology. He is a specialist in Internal Medicine with training in Clinical Epidemiology and Gastroenterology who has been the lead investigator in the design and implementation of randomized controlled trials since 1986. In addition to being an internationally recognized expert in the therapy of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Dr. Feagan has conducted trials on behalf of Industry and peer-reviewed agencies in a wide range of disease states. Dr. Feagan is interested in the evaluation of Health Related Quality of Life (HRQL) and has performed research on the operating properties of HRQL instruments.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEvidence-Based Medicine
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2484 g
- Width228 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byAndrew K. Burroughs,Brian G. Feagan,John W. D. McDonald,M. Brian Fennerty
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.