Evidence-Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice by Springer Publishing Co Inc (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $107.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 9 Jan
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $142.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new fifth edition of one of the premier references for geriatric nurses in hospital, long-term, and community settings, delivers current guidelines, real-life case studies, and evidence-based protocols developed by master educators and practitioners. With a focus on improving quality of care, cost-effectiveness, and outcome, the fifth edition is updated to provide the most current information about care of common clinical conditions and issues in older adults. Several new expert contributors present current guidelines about hip fractures, frailty, perioperative and postoperative care, palliative care, and senior-friendly emergency departments. Additionally, chapters have been reorganized to enhance logical flow of content and easy information retrieval. Protocols are organized in a consistent format and include an overview, evidence-based assessment and intervention strategies, and an illustrative case study with discussion. Additionally, protocols are embedded within chapter text, providing the context and detailed evidence for each. Chapter objectives, antated references, and evidence rating for each protocol are provided along with resources for additional study.
- Author BiographyMarie Boltz, PhD, RN, GNP-BC, FGSA, FAAN, is Associate Professor, Boston College Connell School of Nursing and Senior Nurse Scientist, Munn Center for Nursing Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA. Her areas of research are the geriatric care environment, family-centered dementia care, and interventions that promote functional recovery in acute and post-acute care. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing and the Gerontological Society of America and has served on several national and international expert panels and work groups. Dr. Boltz has co-edited five books, and authored/ co-authored numerous journal publications, organizational tools, and book chapters. Elizabeth A. Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, is William Randoph Hearst Foundation Chair in Gerontology and Professor, Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing, USA. She is an internationally recognized geriatric nurse researcher, known for her work in improving the care of older adults by interventions and models that positively influence health care provider's knowledge and work environment. The recipient of more than $8M in research and training grants, she has disseminated the findings of 35 funded projects in four co-edited books and more than 100 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. Terry Fulmer, PhD, RN, FAAN is President of the John A. Hartford Foundation and leads its work to improve the health of older adults in the United States. Her research focuses on acute care of older adults and, specifically, elder abuse and neglect. Dr. Fulmer served on the National Research Council's panel to review risk and prevalence of elder abuse and neglect and has published widely on this topic. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing, the Gerontological Society of America, and the New York Academy of Medicine, USA. Dr. Fulmer is a member of the National Committee for Quality Assurance Geriatric Measurement Assessment Panel and the Veteran's Administration Geriatrics and Gerontology Advisory Committee. She completed a Brookdale National Fellowship and is a distinguished Practitioner of the National Academies of Practice. Dr. Fulmer was the first nurse to be elected to the Board of the American Geriatrics Society and to serve as the President of the Gerontological Society of America. C. DeAnne Zwicker, DrNP(c), APRN, BC, has been working in gerontology and geriatrics since 1993. She was an ANCC-certified adult and geriatric nurse practitioner in adult primary care, geriatric primary care, as well as subacute, rehabilitation, and long term (LTC). Dr. Zwicker has also taught nursing at the graduate level at New York University, Drexel University, and George Mason University, and served as faculty and consultant for over 10 years with the Hartford Institute of Geriatric Nursing, New York University, USA.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1633 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byDeAnne Zwicker,Elizabeth Capezuti,Terry T. Fulmer
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.