All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on practical, patient related issues, this volume provides the basic concepts of Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) as they relate to Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and presents various practical applications. It includes EBM concepts for use in the identification of cost-effective panels of immustains and other laboratory tests and for improvement of diagstic accuracy based on the identification of selected diagstic features for particular differential diagsis. EBM concepts are also put forth for use in Meta-analysis to integrate the results of conflicting literature reports and use of vel analytical tools such as Bayesian belief networks, neural networks, multivariate statistics and decision tree analysis for the development of new diagstic and progstic models for the evaluation of patients. This volume will be of great value to pathologists who will benefit from the concepts being promoted by EBM, such as levels of evidence, use of Bayesian statistics to develop diagstic and other rules and stronger reliance on hard data to support therapeutic and diagstic modalities.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note64 black & white tables, biography
- Weight652 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlberto M. Marchevsky,Mark R. Wick
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.