All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGoing beyond the narrow boundaries of health and social care, this report brings together information on policy development and resources relevant to the lives of older people, and an overview of research. The report takes as its starting point seven key areas central to the lives of older people as independent citizens. These are: comfortable and secure homes; an adequate income; safe neighbourhoods; getting out and about; friendships and opportunities for learning and leisure; keeping active and healthy; and, access to good, relevant information. The report maps onto each of these seven areas the research evidence, the development of policy since 1989, and the funding streams available to local government officers to assist older people to live independent lives. It sets all this information in the context of current demographic issues and information about health and social care usage by older people. The evidence reported here fed into the full inquiry. This is a companion report to The Report of the Older People's Inquiry into 'That Bit of Help' (ISBN 1 85935 460 2/978 1 85935 460 5).
- Author BiographyProfessor Norma Raynes is Chair of Intergen: an organisation which creates learning opportunities for both older and young people in their own neighbourhoods Dr Heather Clark of the University of Chichester has led three major projects on older people and independent living, all funded by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. Dr Jennifer Beecham works for the Personal Social Services Research Unit at the University of Kent.
- Author(s)Heather Clark,Jennifer Beecham,Norma V. Raynes
- PublisherJoseph Rowntree Foundation
- Date of Publication03/07/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationYork
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJoseph Rowntree Foundation
- Out-of-print date07/12/2011
- Content Notetables, maps, graphs
- Weight414 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.