Evidence-based Practice of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy by Deborah Dobson, Keith S. Dobson (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $65.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom leading experts in the field-a practicing clinical psychologist and a rewned psychotherapy researcher-this book synthesizes the evidence base for cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and translates it into practical clinical guidelines. The focus is how clinicians can use current research findings to provide the best care in real-world practice settings. Within a case formulation framework, core cognitive and behavioral theories and techniques are described and illustrated with vivid case examples. The authors also discuss managing everyday treatment challenges; separating CBT myths from facts; and how to develop a successful CBT practice and optimize the quality of services.
- Author BiographyDeborah Dobson, PhD, is a psychologist with the Calgary Health Region and Adjunct Associate Professor in the Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She has a private practice where she provides assessments and CBT for adult clients. Her professional interests include client access to empirically supported treatments, clinical training, and consumer advocacy. Dr. Dobson is Director of Clinical Training for the Calgary Consortium in Clinical Psychology and President of the Canadian Mental Health Association/m-/Calgary Region. Keith S. Dobson, PhD, is Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Calgary, where he is also Head of Psychology and co-leader of the Hotchkiss Brain Institute Depression Research Program. His research has focused on cognitive models and mechanisms in depression and on the treatment of depression, particularly using CBT. Dr. Dobson has published over 150 articles and chapters and 8 books. President of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy and President-Elect of the International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy, he is a recipient of the Canadian Psychological Association's Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology as a Profession.
- Author(s)Deborah Dobson,Keith S. Dobson
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight586 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.