Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best Selling in Fiction Books
- AU $64.76New
- AU $52.05Used
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The Complete Box Set of All 7 Books by George R. R. Martin (Paperback, 2012)
- AU $52.89New
- AU $47.08Used
- AU $15.93New
- AU $7.98Used
- AU $69.84New
- AU $16.42New
- AU $18.17New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $24.46
- AU $24.34Trending at AU $25.98
- AU $33.76Trending at AU $35.62
- AU $18.40Trending at AU $28.24
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.81
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do people think it's like living with an over-sexed, ginger pumpkin, two mad humans and a cast of feline misfits? Forget about caring cats and hero cats; Evie is a bad cat with a bad cat's view of life. She is small, smart and black and lived wild until she was caught by the lumpy old cat rescuer who ended up adopting her. Evie's Diary reveals her contempt for her fellow felines and for her humans, the Earth Mother and Poor Roger, who are match for Evie's manipulative little brain. Evie finds herself living with a weird array of felines, including Benjamin Wobble, a porky ginger boy with mobility problems, Bella, a Persian resembling a hairy beetroot and the ancient, fur-covered coathanger, Bonnie Bun-Bun. Evie has harsh things to say about these creepy cats that suck up to the humans in return for goodies and cuddles, but has a grudging admiration for the wild cats that rampage around the garden. The Earth Mother is involved in rescuing unwanted cats and kittens on behalf of the local Cats Protection Branch and Evie delights in tormenting the numerous waifs and strays. Occasionally, she is impressed by the appalling behaviour of these temporary residents, such as Frank, the blue-eyed vandal that imprisons the Earth Mother in the garage, and Griselda, the gorgeous girl that specialises in remodelling people's faces. The real worry, of course, is the power exercised by such a dreadful cat over the Earth Mother and Poor Roger, proving once and for all that humans are well down the pecking order and should just be grateful that cats like Evie condescend to share their lives...Evie's Diary is a humorous work of adult fiction, narrated from a rescue cat's point of view, that will appeal to feline lovers everywhere. Author Heather Cook has been inspired by James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small.
- Author BiographyHeather Cook fostered unwanted cats and kittens for Woking Branch of Cats Protection for nearly 30 years and found new homes for thousands of waifs and strays. She was honoured to be chosen as the charity's Volunteer of the Year in 2011. Heather has previously written 3 cat books and had a monthly column in the magazine Your Cat for 10 years.
- Author(s)Heather Cook
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date30/07/2016
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Photographs byRoger Cook
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.