All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionEvil Paradises shows us the face of conspicuous consumption gone mad, exploring new developments that are being built from extreme global wealth. Although the case studies - which are drawn from around the world - read like science fiction, they are in fact all real. They include a gilded archipelago of private islands in Dubai and a two million acre private national park owned by Ted Turner. With an introduction by Mike Davis and contributions from Rebecca Solnit, Jon Wiener and others, this collection reveals the dark side of modern capitalism and the current building boom.
- Author BiographyMacArthur fellow Mike Davis is the author of Monster at Our Door and Dead Cities (The New Press), among other books. He lives in San Diego. Daniel Bertrand Monk is the director of the Peace Studies Program at Colgate University and the author of An Aesthetic Occupation. He lives in Hamilton, New York.
- Author(s)Mike Davis
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2008
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight420 g
- Width157 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDaniel Bertrand Monk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.