All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to make customers feel good about doing what you want Learn how companies make us feel good about doing what they want. Approaching persuasive design from the dark side, this book melds psychology, marketing, and design concepts to show why we re susceptible to certain persuasive techniques. Packed with examples from every ok and cranny of the web, it provides easily digestible and applicable patterns for putting these design techniques to work. Organized by the seven deadly sins, it includes: * Pride use social proof to position your product in line with your visitors values * Sloth build a path of least resistance that leads users where you want them to go * Gluttony escalate customers commitment and use loss aversion to keep them there * Anger understand the power of metaphysical arguments and anymity * Envy create a culture of status around your product and feed aspirational desires * Lust turn desire into commitment by using emotion to defeat rational behavior * Greed keep customers engaged by reinforcing the behaviors you desire Now you too can leverage human fallibility to create powerful persuasive interfaces that people will love to use but will you use your new kwledge for good or evil? Learn more on the companion website, evilbydesign.info.
- Author BiographyChris Nodder is an independent consultant with 20 years' experience working with large organizations and lean startups to make user experience central to their business strategy. He was previously a director at the prestigious Nielsen Norman Group, and a senior user researcher at Microsoft. He has an MS in Human-Computer Interaction and a BS in Psychology.
- Author(s)Chris Nodder
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.