All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionPolitical corruption, abortion, and dead body discovered inside a trunk at Hudson depot. The summer of 1871 in New York City is hot and humid. The city is gripped by two seemingly separate events. The first is the discovery of a beautiful young woman's body stuffed inside a trunk at the Hudson railway depot. The second involves Victor Fowler, grand sachem of Tammany Hall, and the Boss of what is popularly referred to as The Ring. This is a small clique that includes Goverr Dandy Archibald Krupp, Fowler's man at the state assembly in Albany; Mayor Thomas The Prince Emery, an opportunist of the worst variety; Slimy Bob James, the cunning and sly city comptroller; and Isaac The Wizard Harrison, the City Chamberlain, who is possibly the most treacherous of the Ring Rascals. In Evil of the Age, New York journalist Charles St. Clair, tracking down the story of Lucy Maloney, the kept woman found murdered and stuffed in a trunk at the Hudson railway depot, moves from the mansions of Fifth Avenue to the brothels of SoHo to the seedy and dangerous saloons on Water Street. St. Clair soon uncovers Lucy's connection to a ring of abortionists and to Madame Philippe, a wealthy woman who kwn as Madam Killer. St. Clair confronts Madame Philippe at the Tombs prison, where she awaits the hangman's ose for Lucy's murder. St. Clair believes her to be incent and sets out to prove it, discovering deceit at the highest levels of political power and the shocking secret of the Ring Rascals. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAllan Levine is an award-winning writer, historian, and educator. He is the author of nine books, including the Sam Klein mystery trilogy (which was published in Canada and Germany). He lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Author(s)Allan Levine
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYucca Publishing
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.