Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionIt was the history of an age, the story of a kingdom. It involved the destruction of a religion and the fall of a queen. It was set in a time of extremes: wealth, poverty, obsession, fear, love, hatred, complexity and utmost simplicity, and it could only be controlled and manipulated by those with the greatest of evil intent. It was the life of Henry Tudor and his Anne, and their tale has been told many a time in many a fashion from many an angle, yet there is but one truth. Let us tell it.
- Author BiographyJennifer Dahl is a freelance writer who was introduced to the subject of History by a college professor who believed in telling both sides of the story - that written by the loser as well as that written by the winner. When some of those stories didn't provide the loser's side, she took it upon herself to provide one. Toward that end, Ms. Dahl has written three complete novels so far in her career, the first two of which are self-published through CreateSpace and are also available for the Amazon Kindle. With a fresh opinion on what really caused the downfall of the Catholic Church in Tudor England, 'Evil's Own Trinity' introduces the reader to the real witch responsible for Henry's failures as a king, a husband, and a father. In 'This Lesser Earth', Ms. Dahl's foray into Kansas life in the 1870s, a widower finds a runaway whore in a collapsed sod house on his Kansas ranch. She's there because she's running from the living; he's there because he knows running away from the dead is impossible. The two of them together have to find a place to stand their ground. With a style strongly reminiscent of Daphne duMaurier, Jennifer Dahl delivers a dark story filled with passion, intrigue, love, hate, obsession, and manipulation from beyond the grave. At no time is there any guarantee that there will be a happy ending. Turning for a time to the history of her own family, Ms. Dahl researched her genealogy and published a collection of family stories and recipes under the title 'Best of Our Best: All-American Recipes of an All-American Family from All Over the World'. She was not particularly surprised to discover she was descended from William the Conqueror, and credits her bloodline for her creative focus. Ms. Dahl spends her free time taking care of her husband of thirty-five years, her menagerie of rescue cats and dogs, and working in an insurance agency. Most of her waking hours are spent listening to the voices of the characters inside her head tell her what she's gotten wrong and how she can make it right. She is currently at work on her fourth novel, Fort Ruby, which introduces us to the challenges facing a woman doctor in her efforts to make her place in a small military town in Nevada's Old West.
- Author(s)Jennifer Dahl
- Date of Publication21/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.