All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory of evolution is said to be the cornerstone of modern biology. Unfortunately, like the rest of our infrastructure, this cornerstone is crumbling badly, and has been for some time. This situation has been concealed by stressing the factual aspects of the theory, but those facts are quite apart from the theory of how and why evolution happened as it did. A number of books in recent years have sought to expose some of the weaknesses in the theory but they have been brushed aside, usually for fairly good reasons, such as the fact that most of the doubters have sought to defend an almost equally dubious theory, that God did it all in seven days. The present book exposes a large number of serious flaws in the theory, many of which have been overlooked or igred by others, and proposes instead a completely different explanation, the psychogenic hypothesis. This hypothesis holds that all living beings have minds, and that mentality is the real driver of all evolution. The foundation of this hypothesis was laid out in Book I of this series, The Lotka Hypothesis. This Book II shows how those concepts can be applied to a real-world problem, namely, to solving the mystery of biological evolution. The author believes that this book leaves doubt about the truth and reality of the psychogenic hypothesis of evolution. It remains to be seen if the jury of readers will agree. * * * * * Horstman has spent most of his adult life in biological research, first at Cornell University studying mitochondria in E. Racker's lab in the 1970s, and for the last 20 years at the University of Miami studying hematology in Y.S. Ahn's lab. Horstman has written or co-authored more than 60 peer-reviewed publications in these fields.
- Author BiographyHorstman has spent most of his adult life in biological research, first at Cornell University studying mitochondria in E. Racker's lab in the 1970s, and for the last 20 years at the University of Miami studying hematology in Y.S. Ahn's lab. Horstman has written or co-authored more than 60 peer-reviewed publications in these fields.
- Author(s)MR Lawrence L Horstman
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.