All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do we think about and interact with other people in the particular ways that we do? Might these thoughts and actions be contemporary products of our long-ago evolutionary past? If so, how might this be, and what are the implications? Research generated by an evolutionary approach to social psychology issues profound insights into self-concept, impression formation, prejudice, group dynamics, helping, aggression, social influence, culture, and every other topic that is fundamental to social psychology. Evolution and Social Psychology is the first book to review and discuss this broad range of social psychological phemena from an evolutionary perspective. It does so with a critical and constructive eye. Readers will emerge with a clear sense of the intellectual challenges, as well as the scientific benefits, of an evolutionarily-informed social psychology. The world-rewned contributors identify new questions, new theories, and new hypotheses-many of which are only w beginning to be tested. Thus, this book t only summarizes the current status of the field, it also sets an agenda for the next generation of research on evolution and social psychology. Evolution and Social Psychology is essential reading for evolutionary psychologists and social psychologists alike.
- Author BiographyMark Schaller, University of British Columbia, Canada; Jeffry A. Simpson, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, USA; Douglas T. Kenrick, Arizona State University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleFrontiers of Social Psychology
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDouglas T. Kenrick,Jeffry A. Simpson,Mark Schaller
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.