All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, first published in 2004, describes the application of statistical physics and complex systems theory to the study of the evolution and structure of the Internet. Using a statistical physics approach the Internet is viewed as a growing system that evolves in time through the addition and removal of des and links. This perspective permits us to outline the dynamical theory required for a description of the macroscopic evolution of the Internet. The presence of such a theoretical framework appears to be a revolutionary and promising path towards our understanding of the Internet and the various processes taking place on this network, including, for example, the spread of computer viruses or resilience to random or intentional damages. This book will be of interest to graduate students and researchers in statistical physics, computer science and mathematics studying in this subject.
- Author BiographyRomualdo Pastor-Satorras got his PhD at the University of Barcelona. He has been research fellow at Yale University and research assistant at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston. He spent two years as a research fellow at the International Center for Theoretical Physics (UNESCO) and then moved back to Spain in 2000 as Assistant Professor at the University of Barcelona. Since 2001, Pastor-Satorras has been research scientist and lecturer at the Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya. He is the author of more than 40 research papers in different areas of non-equilibrium statistical physics, condensed matter theory and complex systems analysis. Alessandro Vespignani obtained his PhD at the University of Rome 'La Sapienza'. After holding research positions at Yale and Leiden University, he joined the condensed matter research group at the International Center for Theoretical Physics (UNESCO) in Trieste. He has authored more than 100 scientific papers on the statistical physics of non-equilibrium phenomena, critical phase transitions and complex and disordered systems. At present he is senior research scientist of the CNRS, at the Universite de Paris-Sud, France.
- Author(s)Alessandro Vespignani,Romualdo Pastor-Satorras
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2007
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note81 b/w illus. 8 tables
- Weight460 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.