All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvolution: The Basics is an engaging introduction to the history, development and science of the theory of evolution. Beginning pre-Darwin and concluding with the latest research and controversies, readers are introduced to the origins of the idea of evolution, the ways in which it has developed and been adapted over time and the science underpinning it all. Topics addressed include: * early theories of evolution * the impact of Darwin's On the Origin of Species * the discovery of genetics and Mendel's experiments * molecular evolution and the discovery of DNA * the expansion of life and the persistence of disease * revisiting evolutionary ethics and the development of empathy. Evolution: The Basics examines the role of evolution in current debates and discusses the possible future developments in the field. This book is invaluable reading for all students and individuals seeking to understand the wide ranging sphere of evolutionary theory.
- Author BiographySherrie Lyons is Assistant Professor at the Center for Distance Learning of Empire State College, State University of New York. She is author of Species, Serpents, Spirits, and Skulls: Science at the Margins in the Victorian Age and Thomas Henry Huxley: The Evolution of a Scientist.
- Author(s)Sherrie L. Lyons
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight238 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.