All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe governance of dispute settlement is evolving in order to cope with a changing world, taking on many forms in many contexts. There is general model for 'the' best way of settling disputes. Instead, what is the most suitable way of settling disputes highly depends on contextual factors, such as the nature of the parties involved, the nature of the relationship between them, the ecomic and/or moral value of the dispute, the cross-jurisdictional nature of the dispute, etc. This book aims to assess the way in which the nature of dispute resolution has evolved. With one mostly conceptual chapter and three chapters that analyse examples from radically different contexts, it makes clear that disputes are evolved within vastly different governance structures. Considering similar questions in different contexts, the chapters show how the evolution of dispute resolution has t only been shaped by the nature of disputes themselves and the type of parties involved, but also by the values that different systems try to protect.
- Author BiographyM. Duchateau is an academic assistant at the Groningen Centre for Law and Governanceand a lecturer in constitutional law at the University of Groningen.S.M.N. Fikkers is a PhD candidate in philosophy of law at the University of Groningen.C.L. Lane is a PhD candidate at the Endowed Chair Law and Governance, University of Groningen.E.A.G. van Schagen is a postdoctoral researcher for the Endowed Chair for Law and Governance,University of Groningen.
- PublisherEleven International Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationUtrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEleven International Publishing
- Weight181 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byC. L. Lane,M. Duchateau
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.