All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
About this product
- DescriptionDestiny presented me with a situation that affords me access to a most strange, sometimes frightening, beautiful, and always intriguing world. Evolution of Cocoons is a firsthand account of mothering a child who suffers from debilitating mental and developmental illnesses. The book offers readers an intimate glimpse into the life of a family reeling from the effects of such diseases; everyone is brave and flawed. It is an honest, brutal, introspective, and searching look into a life corrupted by a child's imbalanced mind and a mother s search for strength.
- Author BiographyJanna Vought is a published writer, with her works of poetry, short fiction, and nonfiction appearing in multiple literary journals and magazines.She is a graduate of Lindenwood University with an MFA in creative writing.She also is a 2013 AWP Intro Journals Nominee for poetry.In addition to writing, Janna is also a doctoral candidate, working on her PhD in education.With this coursework, coupled with her nonprofit experience, she hopes to create a community outreach program that provides workshop experiences and creative writing courses for varying members of the community often ignored by mainstream academics to include: the mentally ill and their families, victims of violent crime, at risk youth, among other special populations who would benefit from learning about writing and implementing the craft in their own lives.Her daughter, Kamryn, is diagnosed with Bipolar I and Asperger s Syndrome, an Autism spectrum disorder, making her intimately qualified to write on parenting a special needs child.
- Author(s)Janna Vought
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.