All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States Army is committed to the development of an advanced attack helicopter (AAH). The problem associated with this research endeavor encompasses tracing the introduction, evolution, and development of the AAH. The record of the past and present was examined to increase understanding of what transpired, to resurrect facts about it, and finally to draw conclusions. Extensive research was conducted in the facilities of the U.S. Amy Command and General Staff College Library. Numerous letters requesting assistance in specific areas were dispatched. Addressees included, but were t limited to, COL Jay D. Vanderpool, USA, Ret., GEN Hamilton H. Howze, USA, Ret.; LTG Harry W.O. Kinnard, USA, Ret., and BG Samuel G. Cockerham, USA, AAH Project Manager. Other addressees included two military museum curators, four aircraft manufacturers, five professional societies, and twenty four editors, mil1tary information officers and military agencies. In detailing and documenting the process of the introduction, evolution and development of the AAH, the author collected, catalogued, and included one hundred and three photographs. Included are seventeen photographs of individuals and groups who were principal agents in the historical process. The remainder of the photographs details three elements: first, the developing helicopter; second, the developing helicopter armament subsystems; and, third, the integration and exploitation of techlogy previously associated with the Advanced Aerial Fire Support System and currently being applied to the AAH. The study resulted in the assemblage of extensive information in addition to that which is contained specifically in the review of literature portion.
- Author(s)Dante A Camia
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight531 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.