All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionCan early, need-adapted treatment prevent the long-terms effects of psychosis? How important is phase-specific treatment? Evolving Psychosis explores the success of psycho-social treatments for psychosis in helping patients recover more quickly and stay well longer. Mental health professionals from all over the world share their clinical experience and scientific findings to shed new light on the issues surrounding need-specific treatment. They cover: The Nature of Psychosis, Early Intervention in Psychosis, Phase-Specific Treatment of Psychosis and The Need for Integration. Particular attention is paid to the how treatment can be improved with individually tailored treatment programmes, early intervention, more integration between psychological treatments, and new and better diagstic concepts. This book incorporates new and controversial ideas which will stimulate discussion regarding the benefits of early, need-adapted treatment. It will be of interest to psychologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals interested in psycho-social approaches to psychosis.
- Author BiographyJan Olav Johannessen is chief psychiatrist of the Division of Psychiatry, Stavanger University Hospital in Norway and President of the ISPS Brian Martindale is on the Board of the ISPS, Chair of the ISPS UK network and editor of the ISPS books. Johan Cullberg leads a national multi-centre research project on integrated treatments in first episode psychosis. He is author of Psychoses, also published as part of the ISPS book series.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight618 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byBrian V. Martindale,Jan Olav Johannessen,Johan Cullberg
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.