All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean for film and video to be experimental? In this collection of essays framed by the concept ex- - meaning from, outside, and longer - Akira Mizuta Lippit explores the aesthetic, technical, and theoretical reverberations of avant-garde film and video. Ex-Cinema is a sustained reflection on the ways in which experimental media artists move outside the conventions of mainstream cinema and initiate a dialogue on the meaning of cinema itself.
- Author BiographyAkira Mizuta Lippit is Professor of Cinematic Arts, Comparative Literature, and East Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of Southern California. He is on the board of Film Quarterly, and is author of Atomic Light (Shadow Optics) and Electric Animal: Toward a Rhetoric of Wildlife.
- Author(s)Akira Mizuta Lippit
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note25 b/w photographs
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.