CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.06
About this product
- DescriptionRhona McAdam's sixth collection of poems, Ex-ville, reflects upon what we leave behind: the people, places and journeys that shape our lives. We peer through many doorways in this suburb of the imagination. The poet's move back to Canada from her home in England unfolds in a bittersweet series of poems that probe the meaning of departure and arrival. The ambivalent pleasures of travel in an anxious but beautiful world lead us eloquently astray in many countries, longing for home in each new bed, / worrying the nests of strangers. The poles of life from first to second childhoods are explored with deft wisdom and technical skill, whether fingering the keys of failed pia lessons or taking the wheel when old age leads parents into dementia and institutionalization. There is sadness and wisdom in these poems, as well as joy, love and passion. Ex-ville is a book to welcome and celebrate, and then return to, often.
- Author BiographyRhona McAdam is a poet and food writer who has lived in BC, Alberta, and England, and spent a year studying food in Italy. Ex-ville (Oolichan) is her sixth full-length poetry collection. Her publications include food poetry chapbooks: Sunday Dinners (JackPine, 2010) and The Earth's Kitchen (Leaf, 2011); anthologies: Poems From Planet Earth (Mothertongue, 2013), Untying the Apron (Guernica, 2013), Force Field: 77 Women Poets of BC (Mothertongue, 2013) Rocksalt (Mothertongue, 2008); and previous collections Old Habits (Thistledown/Slow Dancer) and Cartography (Oolichan). Her first book of nonfiction, Digging the City: An Urban Agriculture Manifesto (RMB) was published in 2012.
- Author(s)Rhona McAdam
- PublisherOolichan Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOolichan Books
- Weight118 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.