All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcavating English is a curriculum designed for ages 12 and up. It explores the multicultural roots of the English language from 4000 BC to present day. The text provides over 150 pages of information, trivia, word games, activities and Internet links (including a playlist of supplemental videos). The first chapters give an introduction to linguistics, phonetics and phology. The text then traces English from the shores of the Black Sea (Proto-Indo-European) through the history of the Germanic peoples, the Danes, the Anglo-Saxons, the Normans, and the great wordsmiths of the Renaissance. The history continues as English crosses the ocean to America, then is influenced by immigrants from all over the world. The text is t only informative, but is lively and interesting, and the activities included after each chapter make the curriculum very interactive.
- Author(s)Ellen Johnston McHenry,Ruth a Johnston
- PublisherEllen McHenry's Basement Workshop
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEllen McHenry's Basement Workshop
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.