All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSAVE TIME AND SUPERCHARGE EXCEL 2013 WITH VBA AND MACROS! Use Excel(R) 2013 VBA and Macros to automate virtually any routine task, and save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks. Then, learn how to make Excel do things you thought were simply impossible! You'll discover macro techniques you won't find anywhere else and learn how to create automated reports that are amazingly powerful and useful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad show how to instantly visualize information, so you and your colleagues can understand and act on it...how to capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere...how to automate Excel 2013's most valuable new features. Mastering advanced Excel macros has never been easier. You'll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world examples and case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with bonus examples, macros, and solutions-straight from MrExcel. * Get started fast with Excel 2013 macro development * Write macros that use Excel 2013 enhancements, including Timelines and the latest pivot table models * Work efficiently with ranges, cells, and R1C1-style formulas * Build super-fast applications with arrays * Write Excel 2013 VBA code that works on older versions of Excel * Create custom dialog boxes to collect information from your users * Use error handling to make your macros more resilient * Use web queries and new web service functions to integrate data from anywhere * Master advanced techniques such as classes, collections, and custom functions * Build sophisticated data mining and business analysis applications * Read and write to both Access and SQL Server databases * Control other Office programs-and even control Windows itself * Start writing Excel Apps similar to those in the Excel App Store About MrExcel Library: Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will * Dramatically increase your productivity-saving you 50 hours a year or more * Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems * Show you how to get great results, matter how much data you have * Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
- Author BiographyBill Jelen , Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 1,500 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 39 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. His Excel tips appear regularly in CFO Excel Pro Newsletter and CFO Magazine . Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill Jelen spent 12 years in the trenches-working as a financial analyst for finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives near Akron, Ohio, with his wife, Mary Ellen. Tracy Syrstad is the project manager for the MrExcel consulting team. She was introduced to Excel VBA by a co-worker who encouraged her to learn VBA by recording steps, and then modifying the code as needed. Her first macro was a simple lookup and highlight for a part index, although it hardly seemed simple when she did it. She was encouraged by her success with that macro and others that followed. She'll never forget the day when it all clicked. She hopes this book will bring that click to its readers sooner and with less frustration. She lives near Sioux Falls, South Dakota, with her husband, John.
- Author(s)Bill Jelen,Tracy Syrstad
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/02/2013
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width181 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.