All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how Microsoft Excel is able to teach health services management statistics effectively. Similar to the previously published Excel 2010 for Health Services Management Statistics, it is a step-by-step exercise-driven guide for students and practitioners who need to master Excel to solve practical health services management problems. If understanding statistics isn't your strongest suit, you are t especially mathematically-inclined, or if you are wary of computers, this is the right book for you. Excel, a widely available computer program for students and managers, is also an effective teaching and learning tool for quantitative analyses in health services management courses. Its powerful computational ability and graphical functions make learning statistics much easier than in years past. Excel 2010 for Health Services Management Statistics: A Guide to Solving Practical Problems capitalizes on these improvements by teaching students and managers how to apply Excel to statistical techniques necessary in their courses and work. Each chapter explains statistical formulas and directs the reader to use Excel commands to solve specific, easy-to-understand health services management problems. Practice problems are provided at the end of each chapter with their solutions in an Appendix. Separately, there is a full Practice Test (with answers in an Appendix) that allows readers to test what they have learned.
- Author BiographyAt the beginning of his academic career, Prof. Tom J. Quirk spent six years in educational research at The American Institutes for Research and Educational Testing Service. He then taught Social Psychology, Educational Psychology, General Psychology, Marketing, Management, and Accounting at Principia College, and is currently a Professor of Marketing in the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology at Webster University based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA) where he teaches Marketing Statistics, Marketing Research, and Pricing Strategies. He has written 60+ textbook supplements in Marketing and Management, published 20+ articles in professional journals, and presented 20+ papers at professional meetings. He holds a B.S. in Mathematics from John Carroll University, both an M.A. in Education and a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from Stanford University, and an M.B.A. from The University of Missouri-St. Louis. Simone Cummings joined the Walker School at Webster University in 2013 as an associate professor of management, teaching finance and statistics courses in the Master of Health Administration program. Prior to joining the Walker faculty, she worked for a number of hospitals, including Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Regional Hospital and Columbia Hospital for Women in Washington, D.C. She has also held faculty positions at Simmons College in Boston and Washington University in St. Louis. Cummings received an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Washington University, a master's degree in Health Administration from the Health Administration Program of the Washington University School of Medicine, and a doctorate in Health Policy and Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She currently serves on the Missouri Baptist Institutional Review Board and is active in a variety of local civic organizations.
- Author(s)Simone M. Cummings,Thomas J. Quirk
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleExcel for Statistics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 162 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight494 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.