All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionExceptional Students: Preparing Teachers for the 21st Century provides balanced coverage of the foundations of exceptionalities future teachers need to kw to understand their students and responsibilities. The second edition has been updated to reflect the role of the special educator, while continuing to address the role of the general educator in serving special populations. Instructors and students can w access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect[registered] is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following: SmartBook[registered] - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content; access to your instructor's homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, tes, reminders, and other important files for the course; progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement; and, the option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book.
- Author BiographyRonald L. Taylor, Ed.D. is currently professor of Exceptional Student Education at Florida Atlantic University. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees in Psychology at Austin College and Trinity University. He received his doctorate in Special Education from the University of Houston. Prior to coming to Florida Atlantic University, Dr. Taylor was a school psychologist and consulting teacher for a Title III grant that focused on working with culturally diverse students. He also served on the faculty in Special Education at Boston University. Dr. Taylor has published extensively, including 8 books (18 counting various editions) and over 20 chapters and 90 articles. He is currently completing the eighth edition of his assessment text, Assessment of Exceptional Students: Educational and Psychological Procedures. He has received over 2 million dollars in grant funding. He is active in several professional organizations, having made over 60 presentations, and was editor of Diagnostique, the journal for the assessment division of the Council for Exceptional Children. Lydia R. Smiley, Ph.D. is a professor of Exceptional Student Education at Florida Atlantic University. She received her doctorate in Special Education from Georgia State University. Dr. Smiley co-authored Language delays and disorders: From research to practice (1998) and has also written several articles and chapters on a variety of topics. She teaches both undergraduate and graduate classes and has been the recipient of several teaching awards and the CLD Professional of the Year award. Her current interests are in methods of teaching students with mild/moderate disabilities and language disorders. Stephen B. Richards, Ed.D is an Associate Professor and Coordinator for Intervention Specialist Programs at the University of Dayton. He teaches in both the undergraduate and graduate licensure programs. He has co-authored three textbooks, Mental Retardation: Historical perspectives, current practices, and future directions (2005); Single subject research and design: Applications in educational and clinical settings (1999) and Exceptional children: Integrating research and teaching (1995); in addition to journal articles on a variety of topics. His current interests are in assessing the preparation of pre-service teacher education candidates for their first year in teaching.
- Author(s)Lydia R. Smiley,Ronald L. Taylor,Stephen B. Richards
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight1224 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.