All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the Brechtian influence on Roger Planchon's three stagings of Brecht's The Good Person of Szechwan (July 1954; October 1954; December 1958). The meaning of a Brechtian mise en scene is determined by an analysis of the Berliner Ensemble production of the same play (1957). A comparison of these stagings t only reveals the clash between the German and French theatrical traditions but the German mise en scene also provides a point of reference which underlines the similarities and differences between Planchon's and Brecht's staging methods.
- Author(s)Pia Kleber
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/1986
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note81 Ill.
- Weight530 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.