All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the famous Anglo-Saxon scholar AElfric wrote the first grammar in a European vernacular, he used as his direct source the Excerptiones de Priscia excerpts from major curriculum authors of the medieval schools, including Donatus, Isidore and Priscian himself. The tenth-century text, probably of English origin, most probably compiled by AElfric, is an ambitious compendium of grammatical lore, and it is, with the exception of AElfric's own Grammar, arguably the most sophisticated Latin-learning text of the Anglo-Saxon age. Edited here for the first time, the Excerptiones appear with all scholia, an English translation, and a full contextual introduction. David W. Porter is Professor of English, Southern University, Baton Rouge.
- Author BiographyDavid W Porter is Professor of English at Southern University, Baton Rouge LA.
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnglo-Saxon Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.4
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2002
- ImprintD.S. Brewer
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight769 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Volume editorDavid W. Porter
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.