All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book acquaints us with the outcome of a childhood dream - that of an English girl wanting to travel to Africa. It depicts t only the quintessential lifestyle of exploring Africa, but one that defines her maturing spirit. She is profoundly influenced by the sights and sounds of Africa, and continually reflects on her experiences. Paula is living proof that a very ordinary English girl's dream, was t only met, but transcended. Her life at 60 years is one of pure gratitude, and her religious and spiritual faith, along with her like-minded friends around the world, have enriched and fortified her life. She was able to find an unusual peace, when her beloved friend, mentor and travelling companion died just months before the book was published. The end depends upon the beginning.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1949 and raised in England. The most profound influence in my life was the story of Joy and George Adamson and the lioness, Elsa. This was captured so movingly in the film Born Free. This story continued to influence my thinking, not only regarding the freedom of wild animals, but about the spiritual connection between humans and animals. My nursing training in London exposed me to further experiences of the physical and spiritual needs of people and by the end of 1970 I knew that my life would be different. I needed a meaningful relationship with our planet. I first met Africa in 1972, en route to New Zealand. I was never the same again. During the years I spent in New Zealand, I became acquainted with solace, hiking mountain passes and through wild places. It was easy to perceive God here, and I subsequently converted to Catholicism. In 1988, following extensive travel in southern Africa, I made my home there. Travelling continued as did my spiritual wealth. I journeyed to Kenya, and visited Elsa the lioness's grave and thereafter I contacted Virginia McKenna and we became friends.
- Author(s)Paula Draycon
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication21/06/2010
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.