About this product
- DescriptionIn an intriguing synthesis of current theories of international finance, trade, and industrial organization, Paul Krugman presents a provocative analysis of the extraordinary volatility of exchange rates in the 1980s.Krugman focuses on imperfect integration of the world ecomy, showing how this has become both a cause and effect of exchange rate instability. He outlines the costs and benefits of recent flexible-exchange rate policies and offers fresh insight into why the models that worked in the first half of the 1980s don't work in the growing uncertainty of the latter half. Krugman's analysis is succinct and accessible, with technical appendixes that offer powerful backing to his ideas.Exchange Rate Instability contains a surprising reevaluation of the author's own work on exchange rates. Krugman questions the need for further devaluation of the dollar, arguing that uncertainty - rather than the lack of cost-competitiveness explains the failure of current policies to reduce the United States trade deficit. He proposes an eventual return to fixed exchange rates.Paul R. Krugman is Professor of Ecomics at MIT Exchange Rate Instability inaugurates the Lionel Robbins Lectures series.
- Author BiographyPaul Krugman is Professor of Economics and International Affairs at Princeton University and a New York Times columnist. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Economics in 2008.
- Author(s)Paul Krugman
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/1988
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleLionel Robbins Lectures
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.