All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExchange rate fluctuations affect the value of international investment portfolios, competitiveness of exports and imports, value of international reserves, currency value of debt payments, and the cost to tourists in terms of the value of their currency. Movements in exchange rates, therefore, have significant implications for the ecomy's business cycle, trade, and capital flows. This book provides a comprehensive analysis of the foreign exchange market in India in terms of participants, instruments and the trading platform, as also turver and forward premia. The book covers four broad areas: (i) various facets of ecomic policy with respect to the exchange rate; (ii) the recent global financial crisis and the role of exchange rates therein; (iii) the pattern of capital flows and capital account liberalization; and (iv) modelling and forecasting the exchange rate. The authors contextualize the evolution of the Indian foreign exchange market from a highly regulated market to a deep, liquid, and efficient market in the 1990s, and focus on how large capital flows have impacted the exchange rate policy. More important, they develop a model for the rupee-dollar exchange rate taking into account variables from monetary and micro structure models as well as other variables such as central bank intervention.
- Author BiographyPami Dua is Professor and Head, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi. Rajiv Ranjan is Director, Department of Economic Analysis and Policy, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai.
- Author(s)Pami Dua,Rajiv Ranjan
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width145 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.