Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionHow to plan fun, active and engaging lessons based on the principles of accelerated learning that optimise the use of ICT tools? Written by an AST and the Head of Science at Cramlington Community College, the foremost 'accelerated learning' school in the UK, this work shows how you can combine ICT with the four-stage Accelerated Learning Cycle on a daily basis. A CD-ROM accompanies the book, providing instant links to featured websites, software samples and additional resources. Packed with examples of successful teaching practices, this book presents a whole range of tried and tested activities for science lessons, from experiments that incorporate applications as simple as Word to interactive virtual laboratories; from using a digital camera to plan out investigations, to coupling up interactive whiteboards with the internet to bring the outside world into the classroom. With instant ways to connect your students to learning, it shows how to activate new learning with tools such as interactive science software. It offers exciting ways for students to demonstrate understanding through ICT. ICT activities consolidate learning in science.
- Author BiographyFergus Hegarty is currently an advanced skills trainer at Cramlington Community High School. He is also a trainer for the Gatsby Foundation delivering TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme). Ken Brechin is an advanced skills teacher and has been head of science at Cramlington Community High School for five years.
- Author(s)Fergus Hegarty,Ken Brechin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintNetwork Continuum Education
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.