All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcursion for Miracles is an intimate portrait of the early choreographic careers of Donya Feuer and Paul Sanasardo, and the artistic significance of their Studio for Dance in New York City. These two dynamic individuals were committed to breaking set ways of thinking about dance in relation to life, and their work with a group of very young children and dancers such as Pina Bausch anticipated radical cultural thought of the 1960s, particularly with the unrecognized masterpiece Laughter after All. Author Mark Franko, who danced with Sanasardo for five years, also brings to life the creativity and intimacy involved in four Feuer/Sanasardo evening-length ballets. The book is lavishly illustrated with 75 stunning black and white still shots of the dancers that capture their energy at precise moments, giving sight to the conversation and analyses surrounding them.
- Author BiographyMark Franko is a dancer, choreographer, and Professor of Dance and Performance Studies at the University of California in Santa Cruz. He is the author of The Work of Dance (Wesleyan, 2002) and co-editor of Acting on the Past (Wesleyan, 2000).
- Author(s)Mark Franko
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication27/04/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Note75ill.
- Weight463 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.