All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExecuted Women of the 20th and 21st Centuries provides a look into the lives, crimes, and executions of women during the 20th and 21st centuries. Rather than dealing with these women as numbers and statistics, this book presents them as human beings. Each of these women had lives, histories, and families. The purpose is t to condone their actions, but to suggest that those we executed are, in fact, humans-rather than monsters, as they are often portrayed.
- Author BiographyL. Kay Gillespie is a professor who has studied executions and the death penalty for over twenty years. He is chair of the Criminal Justice Department at Weber State University, has worked with various criminal justice agencies, including adult and juvenile corrections, and is a former member of the Utah State Board of Pardons. He is the author of several articles and books on the subjects of death row and execution.
- Author(s)L. Kay Gillespie
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication16/07/2009
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight258 g
- Width135 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.