All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for Executive's Guide to Fair Value: Profiting from the New Valuation Rules The advent of fair value reporting is t your Momma's (or your Papa's) kind of accounting. If you're a financial professional above the age of twenty-five who is working in industry, read this book. From choosing a fair value specialist to the perils of 'made as instructed' valuations to purchase price allocations to impairment testing to that SEC tripwire, customer relationships, fair value expert Al King gets it right. And he does so with neither jargon r literary anesthesia. As a former CFO myself, all I can say is WOW! -Warren D. Miller, CFA, ASA, CMA, CPA, Cofounder, Beckmill Research A hands-on guide for financial executives needing to understand the appraisal process Executive's Guide to Fair Value: Profiting from the New Valuation Rules brings senior level executives up to speed on what fair value really means. This new book addresses a full range of issues facing auditors and executives, including litigation and the true determination of value, estimating the value of working capital, and how to estimate the value and life of intangible assets. Complete with advice on the latest FASB rules and regulations, Executive's Guide to Fair Value: Profiting from the New Valuation Rules provides the most up-to-date and reliable information on: The latest fair value rules and how they impact both preparers and users of financial statements The role and responsibility of the appraisal specialist, including best practice tips for choosing and evaluating an appraiser Testing customer relationships for impairment A thorough kwledge of what fair value accounting is and how it can impact your corporation and its profitability Practical applications, including incentive compensation and equity-based compensation In basic, ntechnical language, Executive's Guide to Fair Value: Profiting from the New Valuation Rules will help all financial executives and auditors succeed in understanding the new fair value accounting rules that corporations must w follow. The result is a resource that professionals can rely on to understand the importance of valuation and the concepts that define it.
- Author BiographyAlfred M. King, CMA, is the Vice Chairman of Marshall & Stevens and the former chairman of Valuation Research Corporation; both are?national firms of appraisers.? He speaks at various conferences on valuation issues.
- Author(s)Alfred M. King
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/02/2008
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.