Exemplary Literacy Teachers: What Schools Can Do to Promote Success for All Students by Cathy Collins Block, John N. Mangieri (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $57.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdentifying what exemplary teachers kw and do to promote literacy achievement at every grade level, this highly motivating book provides step-by-step guidance for professional development. It helps teachers assess their strengths and build their competencies in six key domains of literacy instruction directly linked to student success. Featuring skills-building exercises, sample lesson plans, book lists, and over a dozen reproducibles, the book illustrates specific actions that teachers can take to emulate their most effective colleagues in school districts around the country. New to This Edition * Revised and updated based on the authors' professional development work with over 20,000 educators. * Expanded to cover Ka 12 (prior edition covered Ka 5). * Now includes material for literacy coaches and administrators, as well as teachers. * Teacher-in-Action cases offer vivid snapshots of exemplary practices. *Many of the activities and reproducibles are new or revised.
- Author BiographyCathy Collins Block, PhD, is Professor of Education at Texas Christian University (TCU). Dr. Block has written more than 250 research articles, books, and chapters concerning comprehension development, vocabulary achievement, exemplary teaching practices, and effects of curricular initiatives on student literacy success. She has taught every grade level, from preschool to graduate school, and frequently consults to school districts in the United States and internationally. Dr. Block has served on the Board of Directors of the International Reading Association, the National Reading Conference, Literacy First, and many other organizations. Her contributions have been recognized with awards including the TCU Chancellor's Award for Distinguished Teaching and Scholarship. John N. Mangieri, PhD, is Executive Director of the Institute for Literacy Enhancement, Charlotte, North Carolina. He has served as the Chairman of the Reading Department at the University of South Carolina, as Dean of the School of Education at Texas Christian University, and as a university president. Dr. Mangieri is the author or coauthor of 87 professional articles and 13 books. He is a past member of the Classroom Management Committee of the International Reading Association and was the reading representative on the U.S. Department of Education's National Task Force on Urban Education. In the past five years, he has consulted to over 100 school districts in 21 states in efforts designed to improve the literacy performance of students.
- Author(s)Cathy Collins Block,John N. Mangieri
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication27/05/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight520 g
- Width175 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.