All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidered a standard in the field, this text integrates Bioenergetics into every chapter and provides a comprehensive survey of current data and research in exercise physiology. In-depth discussion of all areas of exercise physiology makes this text an invaluable resource for students in exercise science, kinesiology, sports medicine, human biodynamics, and physical education.
- Author BiographyDr. George Brooks is Professor VII; Director, Exercise Physiology Laboratory at The University of California - Berkeley. Thomas D. Fahey, Ed.D., is professor of Kinesiology at California State University, Chico, where he teaches Exercise Physiology and Principles of Strength and Conditioning . He also volunteers as an assistant coach with the track and field team. He received his doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Fahey has written college textbooks and trade books on exercise physiology, wellness, athletic training, weight training, personal training, golf, and ergogenic aids. He has also written hundreds of articles for scholarly journals and popular magazines. He is a contributing editor and writes monthly research columns for Muscular Development, Fitness RX for Women and Fitness RX for Men magazines. His interests include travel, skiing, golf, tennis, weight training, hiking, and discus throwing. Dr. Fahey is a world-class masters discus thrower and was an All-American discus thrower in college. He won eleven straight US National Masters Championships, five medals at the World Masters Championships (including world champion in 2003), and three gold medals in the World Masters Games. He is a former competitor in powerlifting, highland games, alpine skiing, and tennis. Dr. Kenneth Baldwin is Professor Physiology & Biophysics at The University of California - Irvine.
- Author(s)George A. Brooks,Kenneth M Baldwin,Thomas D. Fahey
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1533 g
- Width190 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.