All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSince it was introduced less than 100 years ago, analysis of the circulatory response to exercise as a measure of cardiac function has undergone remarkable development. Most recently this approach has incorporated the burgeoning techlogy of the last half of the 20th century to meet the physiological and diagstic needs of scientist and clinicians. The ease of administration, ecomy and abundant data that characterize exercise testing for its relative staying power as the most frequently utilized ninvasive method of cardiovascular evaluation. The basic modalities of exercise electrocardiography of treadmill and bicycle have been extended by ninvasive cardiac imaging techniques, including scintigraphy and echocardiography, that have provided new insights in myocardial function during exertion and pharmacologic stress. At the same time, traditional exercise electrocardiography has also been refined by invations that have broadened its applications. Exercise Testing: Current Concepts and Recent Advances affords the reader a state-of-the-art presentation of the diverse and expanding methods of exercise testing and their roles in patient management. The contributors to this volume include individuals who have made seminal contributions to the field during the last several decades. Indeed, it is legitimate to designate this group as a 'Who's Who of Exercise Testing'. It is our hope that this book will enhance the reader's understanding of contemporary methods of exercise testing, as well as provide a glimpse into future directions of this science, that this kwledge is applied to optimal diagsis and management of our patients.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number235
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight314 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byEzra A. Amsterdam,Myrvin H. Ellestad
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.