Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDepression is hugely common in our society. The Mental Health Foundation believes that 1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year, with mixed anxiety and depression being the most common. It affects 1 in 5 older people living in the community and 2 in 5 in care homes (MHF). This means that a staggering amount of people are having to deal with its devastating fallout at home, work and in retirement each year. However, evidence shows that a supervised programme of exercise can be as effective as antidepressants in treating mild or moderate depression (Mental Health Foundation / MIND). The link between exercise and mental wellbeing is a key part of recovery, and this user-friendly book is there to show the way. As with all the titles in the Exercise Your Way to Health series, the book contains a series of well-illustrated exercises specifically designed to combat depression and its physical side effects. Taking into account the prevalence of depression and the well-documented link between exercise and mental health, this is a timely publication, and one that will help many people regain control of their lives.
- Author BiographyDebbie Lawrence is the director of Fitness Wales and represents the home counties on the SkillsActive technical expert group. She has 30 years experience in the fitness industry as a tutor and assessor, and is also a qualified counsellor. Jenny Burns is an occupational therapist for the NHS and delivers mental-health first-aid programmes endorsed by MIND.
- Author(s)Debbie Lawrence,Jenny Burns
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleExercise Your Way to Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteColour photography and illustrations throughout
- Weight159 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine8 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.