Exercising Your Puppy: A Gentle & Natural Approach by Julia Robertson, Elisabeth Pope (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEasy to follow, with clear instructions and helpful photographs, this is a detailed outline of how puppies develop physiologically, together with appropriate exercises for them at each relevant stage of their puppyhood. Different breeds develop at different paces, and all the exercises covered in this book are 'soft' exercises - meaning that the puppy/dog dictates what he or she can do. By adopting a more natural exercise regime, puppy owners can encourage appropriate and robust development of their dog's muscular and skeletal framework, thus assisting good mobility from puppyhood through to adulthood. From alleviating stress on developing joints using obstacle negotiation, to how and when to massage your puppy, this is a comprehensive guide suitable for beginners and experienced dog owners alike.
- Author BiographyJulia Robertson established the Galen Therapy Centre in 2002, specialising in Canine Myotherapy (Massage). As well as running a busy consultancy treating working, performance and companion dogs, she has developed a range of courses from workshops to accredited diploma courses in Canine Massage. Julia is a passionate advocate of Canine Myotherapy. Working closely with vets and other professionals, she has developed a team of Galen Myotherapists that practise throughout the UK having completed the Galen Diploma. Julia has co-authored another book intended for veterinary practitioners and students, and also regularly contributes to dog magazines, speaks at seminars, and runs training courses across the UK. Elisabeth Pope spent much of her childhood with horses and dogs. A keen rider since her youth, she was advised to give up due to a recurring back problem. Thereafter she transferred her knowledge, energy and passion to her dogs, and subsequently the canine world in general. Elisabeth has successfully owned, showed and bred Golden Retrievers for 35 years, and is a show judge for the breed both in the UK and abroad. Her great interest in canine movement and gait led to her partnership with Julia. They have worked together for ten years, and their shared knowledge, experience and love of dogs has led to the development of a successful programme of canine exercise physiology, suitable from puppyhood to adulthood.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Pope,Julia Robertson
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleGentle Dog Care
- Place of PublicationDorchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHubble&Hattie an Imprint of Veloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width205 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.