Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past few centuries, nearly 500 pubs have opened their doors in Exeter. While many have been lost due to time, money or misfortune, the stories and memories created in these 'locals' live on. Exeter Pubs offers a captivating glimpse into the history of some of Exeter's most famous pubs. Drawing upon an eclectic collection of photographs, David Cornforth presents the reader with an insight into the history and life of the pubs in this area. From pub dogs to landlords, famous visitors to suspicious fires, this book tells the stories of Exeter's numerous watering holes. Just like countless travellers over the centuries, the modern reader is encouraged to stop for a pint in each and continue the stories of these historic establishments. Well-researched and beautifully illustrated, Exeter Pubs provides something for everyone, whether they have lived in Exeter all their lives, or whether they are just visiting this vibrant town.
- Author BiographyBorn in Yorkshire, David Cornforth was brought up in Windsor, and moved to Devon in 1974, where he has remained. He has worked with computers, and ran his own business producing resources on CD rom for schools. His love of local history was kindled by his research for his school resources. David was an Adult Basic Skills Maths tutor for 12 years. In 2004 he started the well known local website Exeter Memories, which has given him the chance to research many aspects of the city's past, including many of its public houses, and to give talks on the city. He has collected a large collection of historic photographs of the city, theatre programmes and other memorabilia.
- Author(s)David E. Cornforth
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note82
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.