All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeil LaBute has earned international acclaim for his provocative body of work for the stage. His bold vision is amply evident in this new collection of daring and stylishly realized short plays and mologues. In the title play, Exhibit 'A', an artist pushes the boundaries of his art to a previously untouched frontier, challenging the very definition of art. 10K explores the territory where fantasy and desire merge, as a man and woman share secrets while traversing a suburban jogging path. Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush is a tense confrontation between two men in a park. In Happy Hour, a guy and a gal meet cute in a bar. I'm Going To Stop Pretending (That I Didn't Break Your Heart) lays bare a couple at the bitter end of a relationship, where devastation and loss for one is freedom and inevitability for the other. 16 Pounds is a bleak, near-future look at water scarcity; BFF is the stage adaptation of LaBute's short film about three friends ; Black Girls takes a white guy and a black girl through a wildly uncomfortable conversation; Some White Chick and The Unimaginable are two chillers written for Southwark Playhouse's TERROR! Festival; and the mologue Totally is a young woman's sex revenge confession like other.
- Author BiographyNeil LaBute's plays include Bash, In a Forest, Dark and Deep, and Reasons to be Happy. His films include In the Company of Men, Your Friends and Neighbors, The Shape of Things, Obsession, Some Velvet Morning, and Dirty Weekend. He is a 2013 recipient of a Literature Award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
- Author(s)Neil LaBute
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.