All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether it involves remaking an old Hollywood movie, projecting a quiet 16mm film, or constructing a bombastic multi-screen environment, cinema w takes place t just in the movie theatre and the home, but also in the art gallery and the museum. The author of this engaging study takes stock of this development, offering an in-depth inquiry into its genesis, its defining features, and the ramifications it has for art and cinema alike. Through the lens of contemporary art history, she examines cinema studies' great disciplinary obsession - namely, what cinema was, is, and will become in a digital future.
- Author BiographyErika Balsom is lecturer in Film Studies and Liberal Arts at King's College London.
- Author(s)Erika Balsom
- PublisherAmsterdam University Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleFilm Culture in Transition
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAmsterdam University Press
- Content Note29 black and white illustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.