Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.75+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionDraken vae Khellian, bastard cousin of the Moean King, had risen far from his igminious origins, becoming both a Bowrank Commander and a member of the Crown's Black Guard. But when he is falsely condemned for the grisly murder of his beloved wife, he is banished from the kingdom and cast upon the distant shore of Akrasia, at the arse-end of the world. Compared to civilized Moea, Akrasia is a forbidding land of Moonlings, magic, and restless spirits. It is also a realm on the brink of a bloody revolution, as a sinister conspiracy plots against Akrasia's embattled young queen--and malevolent banes possess the bodies of the living. Consumed by grief, and branded a murderer, Draken lives only to clear his name and avenge his wife's murder. But the fates may have bigger plans for him. Alone in a strange land, he soon finds himself sharing the bed of an enigmatic necromancer and a half-breed servant girl, while pressed into the service of a foreign queen whose life and land may well depend on the divided loyalties of an exiled warrior ...Exile is the beginning of an ambitious fantasy saga by an acclaimed new author. The Dread Empire, a gritty world of larger-than-life plots, nation-shattering conflict, maddening magic, strange creatures, and raw, flawed heroes, all shown through the filter of Glen Cook's inimitable war-correspondent prose. The Dread Empire, spanning from the highest peaks of the Dragon's Teeth to the endless desert lands of Hammad al Nakir, from besieged Kavelin to mighty Shinshan, the Empire Unacquainted with Defeat, with its fearless, masked soldiers, kwn as the Demon Guard...An Empire Unacquainted with Defeat collects all of Glen Cook's short fiction set in the vast world of the Dread Empire, from The Nights of Dreadful Silence , featuring the first appearance of Bragi Ragnarson, Mocker, and Haroun bin Yousif, to the culture-clashing vella Soldier of an Empire Unacquainted with Defeat ; from Silverheels , Cook's first published work of fiction, to Hell's Forge , a haunting tale of cursed pirates and strange lands, appearing here for the first time. Also including a detailed introduction and extensive story tes by Glen Cook, An Empire Unacquainted with Defeat charts the development of this influential American author and the massive, multifaceted world that he created. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyBetsy Dornbusch is a writer and editor. Her short fiction has appeared in print and online venues such as Sinister Tales, Big Pulp, Story Portal, and Spinetingler, as well as the anthologies Tasty Little Tales and Deadly by the Dozen. She's been an editor with the ezine Electric Spec for six years and regularly speaks at fan conventions and writers' conferences. She's the sole proprietor of Sex Scenes at Starbucks where you can believe most of what she writes. In her free time, she snowboards, air jams at punk rock concerts, and has just started following Rockies baseball, of all things.
- Author(s)Betsy Dornbusch
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleSeven Eyes
- Place of PublicationNewberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.