All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExile and Everyday Life focusses on the everyday life experience of refugees fleeing National Socialism in the 1930s and 1940s as well as the representation of this experience in literature and culture. The contributions in this volume show experiences of loss, strategies of adaptation and the creation of a new identity and life. It covers topics such as Exile in Shanghai, Ireland, the US and the UK, food in exile, the writers Gina Kaus, Vicki Baum and Jean Amery, refugees in the medical profession and the creative arts, and the Kindertransport to the UK.
- Author BiographyAndrea Hammel (DPhil Sussex, UK) is Reader in German at Aberystwyth University. Her publications include books and articles on the literature and history of German-speaking refugees from National Socialism, Anthony Grenville (BA, DPhil, Oxford) is Consultant Editor of the Association of Jewish Refugees Journal. His publications include Jewish Refugees from Germany and Austria in Britain, 1933-1970 (Vallentine Mitchell, 2010).
- Date of Publication18/05/2015
- Languageeng, ger
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleYearbook of the Research Centre for German & Austrian Exile Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight368 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Volume editorAndrea Hammel,Anthony Grenville
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.