All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking book in African philosophy goes beyond the post-colonial enth-philosophies and describes a genuine philosophy grounded in the African experience that illuminates the universal quest for happiness, meaning, and kwledge. Consolation philosophy is meant as the culmination of loose developments in African thought that stretch back to ancient Egypt, and which are found particularly in the thought of Senghor and the work of the contemporary Nigerian philosopher Asouzu (who is taken as offering a prolegomena to any future African philosophy).
- Author BiographyAda Agada is based at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, specializing in African philosophy, existentialism, and metaphysics. Jonathan O. Chimakonam, Ph.D., teaches at the University of Calabar. He is the editor of Filosofia Theoretica: Journal of African Philosophy, Culture and Religions, and the author of At l? ?mal?: Some Unanswered Questions in Contemporary African Philosophy.
- Author(s)Ada Agada
- PublisherParagon House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParagon House Publishers
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJonathan O Chimakonam
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.