All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a radical alternative to the cognitive and cognitive-behavioural approaches that have dominated sport psychology, and is the first to systematically apply existential psychological theory and phemelogical method to sport psychology. This much-needed alternative framework for the discipline of applied sport psychology connects to many of the real and most significant challenges faced by sports performers during their careers and beyond, and bridges the gap that still exists between the real needs of sport performers and what is delivered by traditional sport psychology Existential psychology aims to assist athletes in their personal growth so that as they develop their physical strengths through sports coaching, they also become a stronger person, and are therefore more likely to achieve their true sporting potential. Existential Psychology and Sport outlines an approach that can be used to add something of depth, substance and academic rigour to sport psychology in applied settings beyond the confines of mental skills training and good listening skills.
- Author(s)Mark Nesti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.